From my research into the target audience I found the following:
- Largest age group of visitors was 45-64 (56.6%)
- Second largest age group of visitors was 45-64 (55.7%)
- Third largest age group of visitors was 25-44 (53.5%)
- Fourth largest age group of visitors was 16-24 (49.3%)
- Visitors do return to museums on multiple occasions – view new exhibitions
- Increase in number of people visiting museum websites to source information or book tickets online.
From this the target audience is predominantly made up of 25-64 year olds but I cannot ignore the 16-24 age group as they still have a large visitor count. The research also shows the exhibition would benefit from a ticket booking facility on the website as increasingly more people are booking tickets etc online.
I will look to promote the exhibition to:
- Current local museum, theatre and gallery visitors
- The local population of Hull and surrounding area
- Local people and groups/organisations with an interest in the exhibition subject – Feng Shui
- Visitors to the area
- County wide
- Nationally – groups and organisations with an interest in the exhibition subject – Feng Shui
- World wide – groups and organisations with an interest in the exhibition subject – Feng Shui