Once the theme was installed I was then able to start customising it according to my designs.
I wanted to have a slider as the main image on first screen rather than one hero image so I could show more images to the user and hopefully engage with them.
Trying to set this I had lots of problems, I tried various ways to try and correct the problem but could not resolve it. As the image below shows the slider was appearing below the text rather than behind it. I tried to find areas in the theme setup which would allow me to show the image at the top but could not get it to work.
They responded very quickly and it was clear then that there were two sliders included with the theme which I was unaware of and so I was able to correct the problems. I had been trying to set both sliders up thinking there was only one theme which caused them to conflict.