Facebook statistics updated 8 May 2017 – Source Zephoria
- Worldwide, there are over 1.94 billion monthly active Facebook users for March 2017
- 28 billion people log onto Facebook daily active users (Facebook DAU) for first Quarter of 2017
- On average, the Like and Share Buttons are viewed across almost 10 million websites daily.
With such a large number of users using Facebook is an ideal if not essential platform for marketing and connecting with potential consumers extremely quickly and effectively. With users sharing and liking posts this e-word of mouth is an excellent way of bringing new users and potential customers to the app. In my marketing launch timeline for the app I have incorporated a Facebook marketing campaign for the app which can be monitored after the before and after the launch to connect with users and promote the app and using analytics monitor interaction and analysis how users are responding to the Facebook page.
Marketing on Facebook is a dedicated platform here is states ‘ There’s a Facebook business tool for every business goal’
Facebook Adverts – The people you want to reach are here.
Facebook Pages – Your Page establishes your business’ presence on Facebook, so people can find out about you and connects with you.
Messenger – Automate responses and create Messenger bots to connect with and serve your customers.
Audience Network –Extend the reach of your Facebook and Instagram adverts into other mobile apps and websites.
Atlas – See how your adverts performed – and which types of people you reached – across devices, browsers, publishers and channels.
Instagram statistics updated 10 Aug 2016 – Source Buffer Social
- Across the globe, there are over 500 million Instagrammers
- more than 300 million of whom use Instagram every single day, sharing an average of 95 million photos and videos per day.
Instagram is a visual social media platform and an ideal way to advertise brands quickly and effectively. Users can like, share and communicate with other users extremely quickly either by tagging other users or commenting on images. Words or text can be preceded by a # (hashtag) for example #needitnow and these hashtags can be searched and trend as more and more users use the same hashtag on their images. This is ideal for visual marketing and connecting with users.
Twitter statistics updated 24 Jan 2017 – Omnicore
- Total Number of Tweets sent per Day: 500 million
- Number of Twitter Daily Active Users: 100 million
- Percentage of Twitter users on Mobile: 80%
- 79% of Twitter accounts are based outside the United States
- There are over 67 million Twitter users in US.
- Total number of Twitter users in UK is 13 million.
- 37% of Twitter users are between ages of 18 and 29, 25% users are 30-49 years old.
- 54% of Twitter users earn more than $50,000 a year at least.
- The top three countries by user count outside the U.S. are Brazil (27.7 million users), Japan (25.9 million), and Mexico (23.5 million).
Twitter is a short message communication tool that allows users to send out messages (tweets) up to 140 characters long to people who subscribe to you (followers). As with instagram the # can be used to precede words and texts.
Your tweets can include a link to any web content (blog post, website page, PDF document, etc.) or a photograph or video. If a picture is worth a thousand words, adding an image to a tweet greatly expands what you can share to beyond the 140-character limit for tweets.
People follow (subscribe) to your Twitter account, and you follow other people. This allows you to read, reply to and easily share their tweets with your followers (retweet).
With the huge number of users on all three of these platforms they cannot be ignored as a way of marketing the app. I have incorporated all three of these social media areas in the marketing launch timeline however as the project is launched and post launch all three areas should be analyzed via analytics to see if that platform is producing the required responses and user interaction to continue posting and marketing via that platform.